Finance & Strategy Senior Analyst - Marketing (Remote)
Marketing & Communications, IT, Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
As a Senior Finance Analyst in the Finance and Strategy team, you will help leaders at Hopper make the best informed business and financial decisions to drive Hopper growth. You will need to have a deep understanding of our customers and business drivers, allowing you to help optimize the company's marketing investments. To succeed in this role, you need to be able to understand the big picture, while also being unafraid to dive into the details and numbers. You will also need to use SQL daily to independently obtain source and manipulate data to support data driven decisions.
- Conduct comprehensive financial analysis, including revenue forecasting, expense analysis, and ROI evaluations, to support marketing initiatives and drive strategic decision-making
- Evaluate marketing campaigns, channels, and initiatives to determine their effectiveness and return on investment.
- Provide actionable insights and recommendations for optimizing marketing investments
- Perform analyses of financial and operational drivers to craft our short and long term strategic plan
- Continuously evaluate and improve financial processes, tools, and methodologies to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of financial analysis and reporting within the marketing function
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across Hopper in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Build self-serve, automatic, and reliable measurement of cohort contribution profit and projections
- Master SQL / Big Query to be able to proactively access, manage and gain insights directly from data
The Perfect Candidate Has
- A degree in Business, Strategy, Finance, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in a quant or analytical roleEntrepreneurial spirit, ability to work autonomously
- Technology industry experience is a plus, particularly in a fast growing international business
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong command of SQLExperience in a growth or marketing analytical role
- Experience in an FP&A team is a plus
- Microsoft Office/Google Suite proficiency, ideally Data Studio dashboards
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!
See more open positions at Hopper
Something looks off?