Who We Are
DrugBank is an Edmonton-based startup with our sights firmly set on the stars. We pride ourselves on being bold, setting ambitious goals, and working tenaciously to achieve them. We’ve grown quickly and we have no intention of slowing down. Our team is extremely hard-working, highly motivated, and really good with a pun. We believe in celebrating our wins (Great Place to Work Canada, #3), lending a hand, taking breaks, and doing what it takes to be a really great place to work. DrugBankers thrive in the ambiguity and flexibility of a startup, get to see the impact of their work everyday, and love to work together and have fun.
What We Do
We are the world’s first intelligent and comprehensive drug knowledge platform. Our goal is to augment human intelligence so that all medical information is used to its fullest potential—because we want everyone in the world to have access to the best possible medical outcomes. Our team of experts, with the help of artificial intelligence, gathers all of the latest biomedical information into one knowledge platform. Then we make it all very easy to use via DrugBank Online, data downloads or software integrations.
We are looking for an experienced Director, Marketing to join our team. The successful candidate will take charge of our DrugBank marketing enterprise, working to effectively drive funnel and engagement growth, leading to increased revenue potential.
The primary focus for the Director, Marketing is to develop and implement a strategic and cohesive marketing plan to strengthen brand awareness, increase and improve MQLs and SQLs, and drive engagement and growth for our products. They will set near and long term goals for the marketing team and contribute to the overall growth of the company. This individual should possess the skill set to help guide our team to success and have the passion to help DrugBank reach its goals.
Reporting to the VP, Sales & Growth, the Director, Marketing will:
- Manage annual budget ensuring strategic allocation of funds and monthly tracking to meet agreed spending targets on advertising and conferences, or similar.
- Working closely with the Marketing team, lead the execution and monitoring of all marketing campaigns contributing to the health of the new business funnel, product launches and customer expansion.
- Drive collaboration with Sales, Product, Design, Operations, and Marketing teams to execute campaigns to generate and convert new leads.
- Work closely with the creative team, sales, curation and operations in such areas as customer communication, messaging and positioning, value proposition development, and sales enablement.
- Provide expertise on the market, our competition, our target market, their pain points, and how our solutions address those pain points.
- Collaborate with key teams to support new product launches and support product development based on innovation, brand development, market trends, competitive research, customer feedback and consumer research and positioning.
- Develop the marketing strategy for new revenue growth.
- Create and measure OKRs against monthly, quarterly and annual lead generation, conversion, and revenue targets.
- Manage, mentor, and coach members of the marketing team including our Senior Growth Marketing Manager, Community & Customer Marketing Manager, and our Marketing Specialist.
- Develop processes and SOPs that support new revenue growth.
- Lead, plan, and execute outbound and account-based marketing (ABM) strategies and tactics.
- Identify and develop new growth channels to deliver maximum engagement and return against defined objectives.
- Own, manage and execute the day-to-day of marketing programs and initiatives.
- Create and report on key performance indicators and metrics regularly and as needed.
- Lead, plan, setup, and debrief on demand generation campaigns.
- Work with internal resources and various departments within the company to execute initiatives as required.
- Support the Creative Director to ensure a consistent brand voice across all activities.
- You can legally work in Canada.
- You have a high school diploma.
- You have a minimum of 5 years experience in a manager, director level or equivalent marketing role.
- You have experience building, leading, and developing multi-functional marketing teams. You are able to support and coach team members, helping them grow their careers in marketing.
- You have experience with Pharma, life sciences, or healthcare verticals.
- Experience with Product, Customer and Demand Generation Marketing
- You have a proven history of contributing to revenue generation.
- You have demonstrated experience in developing core strategies that contribute to company growth and expansion.
- You have extensive experience in Enterprise-level SaaS B2B, specifically related to driving inbound traffic, constructing effective nurturing funnels, and working with product-driven lead generation.
- You have demonstrated experience building out annual marketing strategies and contributing to GTM planning.
- You have experience navigating complex sales environments while executing effective marketing strategies.
- You have experience in creating and executing creative and experimental marketing strategies that have helped to grow companies you’ve worked for.
- You have a demonstrated history of iterative approaches to marketing campaigns, and can identify key areas for improvement quickly and effectively.
- You have experience marketing in a high growth startup environment that is working towards a Series A or Exit.
- You are detail-oriented and have strong project management skills.
- You have excellent prioritization skills.
- You have a high degree of proficiency in using a CRM such as Hubspot.
- You are data centric with a focus on ROI.
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You’re flexible with a continuous learning mindset.
- You have experience setting and managing marketing budgets.
- You're eager to provide new insights to our team's current processes, strategies, and campaigns.
- You are able to work collaboratively with other teams.
- You are a self-starter and can hold yourself, your team members and collaborators accountable.
- You have experience running campaigns in international markets.
- You are actively involved in your local marketing community - either through meetups, coaching, or networking.
- You are proficient at Mario Kart racing (or willing to learn).
The salary range for this role is C$120,000 - $135,000 per year.
At DrugBank you’ll work hard, learn quickly, and have lots of laughs. Our company is constantly growing and evolving, which means you'll get to take on lots of new challenges and learn new skills.
- The only grind we're interested in is in our coffee pots, when we say work-life balance we mean it
- Inclusivity, equity and diversity aren't just words left in a dusty binder after a team building day. We live them.
- We believe in autonomy, respect, and supporting one another.
- Critical thinking, experimenting, and making mistakes is our modus operandi.
- We’re uncompromising when it comes to our team’s mental health and well-being.
- Everyone has a seat at the table and is engaged in helping to grow and shape our future.
- We’ve got flexible benefits, generous paid time off, and team socials you’ll want to invite your friends too.
- Our Compensation Philosophy is a thoroughly researched and curated guide to keep us on track and our team happy via equitable hiring practices, pay, and perks.
- Our Employee Stock Option Program is available to all full-time team members.
Interviewing with DrugBank
- A diverse team is our greatest asset. We encourage individuals with all backgrounds, experiences, and identities to apply for roles that excite them. We look forward to learning from your perspectives.