Air Commission Specialist
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
Hopper is growing rapidly and so is our air business. We are looking for an Air Commission Specialist to join our team to help Hopper earn revenue by ensuring our air commission and negotiated contracts are properly loaded and we accurately claim contracted revenue from airlines and air supplier partners. In this role, you’ll be responsible for daily processing of airline commission contract updates by loading or adjusting the contracts in our commission claiming tools - Sabre AMC or Trava Commission Module, performing pre-launch testing & post-launch QA, investigating commission related ADMs etc.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding of air shopping, pricing & ticketing, including IATA fare rules, airline commission/incentive contracts, ARC & BSP settlement, etc. You’ll be able to assist in projects to implement new tenants, markets, POSs/PCCs or new supply providers as Hopper’s business strategy evolves. You will work closely with the Business Development teams who establish and manage relationships with air suppliers.
This position requires a highly detail oriented and self-driven individual who thrives under pressure. You will be juggling multiple deadlines and will be expected to document your work meticulously and often.
- Maintain the Commission Management Tools including AMC (for Sabre bookings) and Trava Commission Module (for Amadeus bookings)
- Load & update commission contracts in AMC & Commission Module
- Perform pre-launch testing and post-launch QA in GDSs
- Coordinate with Hopper’s product teams, market leaders and agency partners to rectify any technical issues in the commission claiming process
- Coordinate with Hopper Finance to identify barriers that inhibit proper collection of revenue from supplier partners
- Frequently interact with various teams and departments on researching transactions and status of events
- Conduct monthly reporting and review regularly to ensure commission revenue is accurately and correctly claimed and to identify gaps where commission is over-claimed or under-claimed
- Document all progress in JIRA
- Maintain a deep understanding of new Hopper products & processes, technical systems, capabilities, planned improvements etc.
- A passion for Hopper’s mission to build the most customer centric travel marketplace on Earth
- Excellent judgment; ability to ask smart questions and make quick, impactful decisions
- Resilient attitude, ability to stay on your toes and move with any changes that may come your way
- Take initiative to research and analyze autonomously to find the most in-depth data/solution and document/communicate
- Highly effective communicator with technical depth to enable productive, cross-functional collaboration with world-class engineers, data scientists, business development, finance and customer service
- A passionate commitment to find opportunities to improve Hopper’s revenue and decrease areas for loss
- Customer, team & company player. Take on delegated tasks with enthusiasm towards the greater good of the company.
- Exceptional ability to grasp, manage, and articulate complex systems
- Ability to determine impact and prioritize issues. Not everything is a fire!
- Strong organizational skills in order to manage our internal software tools like Confluence, Jira and Amplitude
- Ability to work effectively and autonomously in a remote environment
- Be in the know - keep yourself informed and up to date.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience with air ticketing, including fares rules, pricing components, surcharges and taxes
- Excellent GDS knowledge and skills, including Sabre, Amadeus and NDC content.
- NDC knowledge is a plus
- Excellent computer skills (PC) and eagerness to become efficient in Trava, Excel/Word, Google Suite
- Highly detail oriented
- Strong work ethic
- Sense of ownership
- Prioritization skills and multi-tasking ability
- Thrive under pressure and goal oriented
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!
See more open positions at Hopper
Something looks off?