Legal Operations Specialist
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
Hopper is seeking a Legal Operations Specialist to join its growing legal team, as part of the fastest-growing online travel company in the world. This Specialist will lead Hopper’s Legal Operations function, responsible for a variety of legal operational needs arising in connection with Hopper’s global business, including management of legal team technology solutions, contract lifecycle management, management of Hopper’s shareholder platform, and vendor management. Additional areas of focus will include contract administration, compliance and regulatory operations, business license management, support for mergers and acquisitions, and intellectual property portfolio management.
You will be expected to apply strong technical and data skills, and take initiative to create and improve processes, maintain records, and coordinate communications between the legal team and the broader organization.
The right applicant will be a self-starter, quick learner, strategic and collaborative thinker, and creative builder. Applicants should have demonstrated excellence in working with rapidly changing business requirements and priorities in a fast-paced environment. As a trusted member to Hopper’s legal team, you must demonstrate the highest ethical and moral standards.
Being a member of a small legal team will require you to interact frequently and work collaboratively and creatively with Hopper business unit leaders and outside counsel globally to explain and execute complex legal operational requirements. The Hopper legal team currently has presence in the United Kingdom, United States and Canada.
- Legal, contracting, compliance, regulatory obligations
- Investor and IP management, related to Hopper’s business units in all global markets. This is primarily a remote position.
- Working closely with Hopper’s Senior Paralegal, General Counsel, and other legal team members on all issues affecting Hopper’s business globally, including corporate governance, data privacy and security, contracting, tax, corporate financing, corporate development
- Two (2) years minimum experience in a paralegal or operations position on an in-house HR, finance, or legal team and/or firm corporate law practice;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Expertise with operations and productivity software (word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and HR systems), and with the administration of SaaS services for shareholder management, vendor management, and/or contract management;
- Experience in reviewing and navigating complex contracts.
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!
See more open positions at Hopper
Something looks off?