Revenue Optimization Specialist - Hotels
Recife - State of Pernambuco, Brazil
Posted on Friday, August 4, 2023
About the Job
The Revenue Optimization Specialist (ROS) for Hopper Hotels in Brazil will be the main point of contact for hotel partners, responsible for operational management and revenue optimization. The ROS will support a large portfolio of existing partners, building strong relationships, and ensuring performance improvements within Hopper's distribution channels. The ROSs are in constant communication with hoteliers to discuss revenue enhancing opportunities: rate shops, rate plans, promotions, product updates, etc. The ideal candidate excels in operations, account management, and analytics.
What would your day-to-day look like:
- Support hotel business and be targeted on boosting your large portfolio’s performance within the Hopper distribution channels
- Understand pricing and availability metrics and ensure your partners are taking their fair share of sales
- Analyze hotel performance and provide recommendations for improvement through the Hopper distribution channels
- Create partner specific account development plans and provide regular reporting
- Build strong, consultative and strong relationships with our hotels through regular and open communications
- Deliver quantitative results, business understanding and strategic insights to partners
- Efficiently navigating and enhancing processes within a SAAS environment, utilizing Salesforce and other cutting-edge tools, is vital for success in this role
- Share ideas and feedback on local trends including competitor insights, customer needs, sales, product and marketing information
- Take a proactive approach to customer success items and problem solving
- Own and develop day-to-day relationships with your hotel partners and support the Hotel Supply Market Management team
- Ensure partners are maximizing their share of sales through understanding pricing and availability metrics
- Collaborate with Market Management to negotiate ad hoc promotions, marketing funds and discounts
- +5 years of relevant experience in the hospitality industry, travel tech company, revenue management system or wholesaler industry with a passion for Travel
- Native speaker in Portuguese, Fluent in english; Spanish highly appreciated
- Experience in Brazil market
- Bachelor's degree in tourism, hospitality, customer success, account management, or similar
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM
- Knowledge of SQL, Tableau, or similar data visualization tools
- Strong ability to communicate across a large portfolio of hotel partners
- Commercially-oriented, data-driven, and action-oriented mindset
- A natural curiosity and ability to answer challenging questions with data
- A natural ability to communicate and influence internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to work with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle ambiguity and the challenge of quickly evolving goals
- A “can-do” mindset and enthusiasm to own a series of varied problems, thrives in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment where pushing limits is everyday business
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
An ideal candidate has:
- Previous experience with lead roles will be an advantage knowing the Brazil market
- Cover at least 2 languages requirement (Portuguese and English)
- Driven and have can-do attitude knowing we are still at the discovery stage in Brazil
- Strong prioritization logic, data-driven decision-making, no bias
- Balance of commercial and data skills are highly valued
- Hopper’s mission. Desire to evangelize Hopper’s message throughout the world
Perks of working with us:
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary, quarterly performance bonus, etc.
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded over 100 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
Hopper sells $6 billion worth of travel and travel fintech every year; 2022 sales were up 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent around 50% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership, Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
Other partners include Marriott, Uber, Agoda, CommBank and many more to be announced.
Hopper Cloud now comprises more than 50% of Hopper's business; Hopper Cloud made around as much in 2022 as all of the Hopper app did in 2021.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 100 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month. Hopper is now the #3 largest online travel agency in North America.
Hopper has raised over $750 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!