Business Development Manager - International, Flights
Sales & Business Development
São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2023
About the role
Hopper Business Development Managers in the International Flights team initiate and maintain win-win partnerships with the world’s leading airlines. Hopper has a unique and expanding suite of B2B and B2C products and services that we distribute to carriers in order to support Hopper’s and the airlines’ mutual customers and optimize Hopper revenue.
The International Flights Business Development team at Hopper owns supplier relationships for a business that generates over $1B in flight sales per year. Airline relationships are vital to the success of Hopper as they power the travel marketplace and enable downstream revenue opportunities for the company as a whole.
At Hopper you can have an immediate impact in a high-growth environment. Airline sales and distribution is a distinct field, so prior experience in airline distribution (OTA, TMC, GDS, airline, etc.) is preferred. The strongest candidates will be able to intuitively communicate Hopper’s unique value proposition and frame our benefits to airlines.
What would your day-to-day look like:
- Identify opportunities with prospective airline partners and own the partner acquisition cycle from first contact to close
- Manage the full scope of partnership for a group of currently contracted airlines, including: contract negotiation and renewals, marketing funds, service funds, ticketing operations and agency support
- Cross-sell an expanding suite of products and services into different airline business teams (Distribution, Sales, Revenue Management and Marketing)
- Leverage data analysis to understand partner performance, forecast deal value and model unit economics
- Work closely with the product team to ensure airline display requirements are met in the app, negotiated API integrations are on track, and with the data science team to analyze and communicate partner performance
- Identify and represent Hopper in relevant trade shows and conferences
What would your day-to-day look like:
- 4+ years of sales and partner management experience at a high-growth technology company, with a track record of achieving and exceeding sales goals
- Prior experience in airline distribution (OTA, TMC, GDS, or airline) preferred
- Experience cross-selling a complex suite of products and services to different stakeholders at all levels of target organizations
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to forecast deal value and model unit economics
- Superior ability to craft and deliver compelling and data driven presentationsCapacity to meet multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment with little supervision
- Perfect written and verbal fluency in English (required), Spanish (required), and Brazilian Portuguese (preferred)
- Comfortable working in a remote environment with a globally distributed teamBachelor's Degree required
Perks of working with us:
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary, quarterly performance bonus, etc.
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded over 100 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
Hopper sells $6 billion worth of travel and travel fintech every year; 2022 sales were up 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent around 50% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership, Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
Other partners include Marriott, Uber, Agoda, CommBank and many more to be announced.
Hopper Cloud now comprises more than 50% of Hopper's business; Hopper Cloud made around as much in 2022 as all of the Hopper app did in 2021.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 100 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month. Hopper is now the #3 largest online travel agency in North America.
Hopper has raised over $750 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!