Finance and Strategy Sr. Analyst (Remote)
IT, Accounting & Finance
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2024
About the job
As a Finance and Strategy Analyst, your day-to-day job will be to help our business leaders make sound business and financial decisions. You will need to have a deep understanding of our customers and business drivers, allowing you to help steer Hopper’s growth and product strategy.
To succeed in this role, you need to be able to understand the big picture, while also being unafraid to dive into the details and numbers. You also need to understand SQL and have experience with data visualization tools.
What would your day-to-day look like:
- Give weekly brief on company performance, assessing growth and addressing problem areas
- Help business leaders make better strategic decisions by enabling them through data and deep understanding of financial trade-offs, across both our B2B and B2C product organizations
- Create, update and maintain financial models, budgets and forecasts
- Build out business reporting metrics and dashboards
- Prepare internal reports for business leaders to support decision making
- Perform analysis of financial and operational drivers to craft our short and long term strategic plan
- Work on finance related optimization initiatives
- Collaborate with multiple areas of the business to accurately reflect recent trends in all modeling and financial reporting
- Automate reporting and build insights using SQL / Big Query
An ideal candidate has:
- A degree in Business, Strategy, Finance, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in a top tier tech company, consulting firm, or venture capital firm
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to work autonomously
- Technology industry experience is a strong plus
- Experience working in FP&A or strategic finance
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, with strong modeling experience
- Very comfortable working in SQL, expertise is a plus
- Microsoft Office/Google Suite proficiency
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
Perks and benefits of working with us:
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Carrot Cash travel stipend
- Flexport All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401K plan
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!